Your Job Search is About to Get Real
- If you are stretched for time right now…
- If you want to give yourself every competitive advantage to landing a job after you are licensed…
- If you need access to the dental hygiene industry’s best resume, cover letter, and other job-seeking materials…
… then you must Get Launched – the ultimate job seeker package of materials for new dental hygienists, brought to you by the industry’s leading expert in resume writing and job-hunting strategy, Doug Perry.
Doug has written and designed more dental hygiene resumes than anyone ever, starting with his wife (Tracie) who graduated from dental hygiene school in 2010. With his help, Tracie landed a job in 30 days. Since then, he’s repeated that success over and over, working with thousands of hygienists in all 50 states, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Norway.
The Get Launched Ultimate Job Seeker Package includes more than $1000 of templates and material, but it retails for only $99.99.
FREE BONUS Video Training for those who Order BEFORE February 28, 2020. Marketing Your Dental Hygiene Career (2-hour video workshop): In this six-part series, I share with you how to create a personal brand, building a resume, writing cover letters and other materials, advanced job seeker strategies, how to tap the hidden job market, and interview tips and preparation.
ADDITIONAL BONUS of 10% off for those who order BEFORE February 28, 2020. Get your coupon code from your dental hygiene instructor.
Here’s What Gets You Launched in the Package…
- Resume Templates: Three resume design templates with different styles and colors, starter text, complete formatting, and ready for your edits in Microsoft Word. Can be edited on both PC or Mac.
- Cover Letter Template: One cover letter template that is about 80% ready to go with highlighted areas for customization. These accompany your resume for a job opening and are customized for that job opening.
- Letter of Introduction Template: One letter of introduction template that is about 80% ready to go with highlighted areas for customization. These are used to drop off with your resume at offices not necessarily hiring right now.
- Testimonial/Reference Sheet Template: One testimonial or reference sheet that provides samples and shows you how many testimonials to gather from people you have worked with and for (even past customers/patients). This is a third document that can accompany your resume and offer proof you are great!
- Thank You Letter Template: This gives you some basic verbiage for what to include or write about in your thank you letters following an interview. These show employers you are gracious, attentive, and professional – what every employer wants in a new hire!
- Employment Acceptance Letter Template: This gives you some basic verbiage of what to include in an employment acceptance letter. These are important because they avoid misunderstandings and ensure everyone is on the same page before you begin.
- Resignation Letter Template: This gives you some basic verbiage of what to include in a resignation letter. This helps clear up uncertainty with an outline of your exit plan and creates a level of professionalism and good relations – no burned bridges!
- Job Search Tracker: This Microsoft Excel spreadsheet is compatible with most platforms and other software. It helps keep your job search organized and intentional, tracking practices you apply to, interview with, and all the details in between. It also prompts you to create a target list of offices you want to market yourself to more than others for whatever reason (location, type of office, or connections you have).
- Career Accomplishments Tracker: This Microsoft Excel spreadsheet is compatible with most platforms and other software. It provides you with a place you can track career skills, training, achievements, and accomplishments. It’s hard to remember these details when you must launch a new job search, yet the information is resume gold and will help you showcase your brand in a way that impresses employers.
Training and Guides
- Landing a Great Dental Hygiene Job (PDF and Audio Book): Written and recorded in 2012, this book documents all the strategies I used to help my dental hygiene wife land a great job following her graduation from school. Once we pulled the trigger on these strategies, she found a job within 30 days.
- Quick Resume Review: This one-page guide will give you a quick list of the most important and powerful elements on your resume. It’s valuable in helping you make sure your resume is going to get you to the interview stage.
- Common Job Interview Questions and Tips: This one-page guide lists the five most common job interview questions and instructs you on how to prepare for them. It also includes a comprehensive list of other things to make sure you are ready.
- Salary Negotiation Tips and Guide: This two-page guide is loaded with the best strategies on how to approach and successfully negotiate your salary as a new graduate or experienced pro.
- LinkedIn Tutorial: This one-page guide helps you create or update a LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn is growing in popularity and should be one important part of your job search, now and in the future.
- Simple Guide to Creating Your Own Short Bio: This one-page guide will take you through the steps of creating a short bio you can use for job interviews as a leave-behind document or if asked to write one up for a new employer’s website or social media pages.
Advanced Strategy Samples
- Postcards: One of my signature strategies that has helped countless clients of mine land jobs is sending out postcards to offices you are targeting. While this does cost a little bit, I have yet to hear from any client that didn’t make the investment back in the first few hours of work they received as a result. They are a unique way to take your job search to a proactive level. In this document, I will walk you through the steps and show you some actual examples that have worked for clients of mine.
- Resume Websites: More and more professionals are creating their own simple website to stand out and look professional. I’ll provide you with a list of resume website examples, along with some platforms you can use free or in-expensively to build your own site.
- Video Resume: Again, another new trend is using video to grab the attention of employers. Not everyone feels comfortable doing this for a variety of reasons, but’s it very effective and helps you create an instant connection with employers that you simply can’t with a paper resume. You can also create a simple version that just uses your picture(s), text, and music. In this document, I will show you how to create a video resume that helps you stand out.